At Hello Me, we are committed to safeguarding your personal information and will always handle your personal information securely and carefully.
At Hello Me we comply with all privacy laws that regulate the collection, usage, storage and protection of your personal information.
What personal information do we collect?
In most cases, we collect your personal information when you place an order or register your details on our website, however we may also collect information when you contact us directly to provide feedback or request information.
This personal information may in include:
- Your name and contact details [such as delivery address, contact number and your email address]
- Your date of birth
- Your purchase history
- Demographic information such as postcode
- Preferences and opinions
Why do we collect your personal information?
In addition to the stated purpose given to you at the time you have provided us with your personal information, we also collect your personal information so that we can:
- Accurately process transactions and orders
- Provide customer service and respond to feedback
- Facilitate the running of our loyalty program
- Facilitate the running of promotions and competitions that you may like to participate in
- Better understand your preferences and requirements so that we can improve our service to you
- Provide you with information about our products and services
- Monitor activity on our website
- Compile customer databases
- Comply with any legal obligations, or matters relating to our employees or applicants
When and how do we collection your personal information?
We collect most personal information directly from you when you consent to communications from us. Your consent may be express (e.g., you agree to the use of your information by ticking a box) or implied by an action you take or do not take (i.e. because you have agreed to terms and conditions that contain information about the use or disclosure of your information). You provide us your information when you purchase (or enquire to purchase) products or services from us, you ask to find out more about our products or services, you participate in our competitions, you make a refund, return or other claim, you use our website(s) or other applications, or you write to us.
We may also collect information about how you use our website(s) or applications to help us better serve you, including the automatic collection of data through “cookies’.
Cookies are automatically stored by your browser, and they store information including the time and date of your visit, the pages and documents that you have visited, your server address and the type of browser you are using.
We collect Cookies to better understand your browsing and purchasing behaviour, as well as to analyse and track website usage. This may allow us to determine the popularity of products and content as well as to deliver targeted advertising. We may also use this information to improve your online experience, including for security purposes.
You do not have to provide us with personal information.
It is your choice to provide us with your personal information, for example when purchasing products or requesting communication from us. However, if you choose not to provide us with your personal information, then we may be unable to provide you with the product or service that you may wish to receive.
When visiting our website, you can change settings on your browser that will allow you to reject Cookies.
How can you opt out of communication from us?
You can opt out of future communication from us by unsubscribing online, or by contacting our customer service team.
When do we disclose your personal information?
- For the reason it was initially collect – such as to supply purchased items to you, such as delivery service providers, respond to feedback, or operate our business
- To enforce our legal rights or those of others, or if we are required to do so by law
- To those who provide services to us such as data storage, website hosting, marketing and customer service
- If we sell all or part of our business.
If personal information is supplied to a third party, then we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your information is treated in line with all privacy laws and principles.
We use “cookies” when you visit our website. It is a technology that enables us to personalise our service to you and track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to the website.
By using our website, you agree to us placing cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the website in the future. You can modify the settings on your device to prevent cookie use. Please note, by disabling cookies, your user experience may be affected, and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions.
There are four main types of cookies – here’s how and why we use them:
- Analytics cookies: allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the website, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
- Customer preference cookies: when you are browsing or shopping, these cookies will remember your preferences (like your language and location), so we can make your shopping experience as seamless as possible, and more personal to you.
- Targeting and/or advertising cookies: are used to deliver marketing and advertising materials that are relevant to you.
Storage and security of your information
We may store your information in different forms, such as electronically or physically. Only personnel requiring access to this information are allowed access. All personal, company or confidential information is stored in secured premises or in electronic databases requiring logins and passwords.
Some of this information is stored for several years to comply with legal requirements. Any personal information that is no longer required is either deleted, destroyed or de-identified.
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, modification or disclosure.
Your right to update and correct your personal information
We want to make sure that any personal information that you have provided us is up to date, accurate, complete and relevant to the reason for providing it to use. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure this is the case, so that we can provide you with better service.
If you believe that some of the personal information that you have provided us is incorrect, incomplete, out of date, not relevant or misleading, then please contact us either through our website for correction.
Changes to this policy
Contacting us or making a complaint
If you have any issues that you would like to raise with us or wish to make a complaint, please contact us at:
Mail: Hello Me - The Label, 2/40 Kananook Ave, Seaford VIC 3198